You can’t have a BBQ without mac and cheese. Out of the box is fine, but why not take it to the next step and try something new!
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 T unsalted butter, divided
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 t fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 2 c milk
- 3/4 c stout beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 t kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- 2 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c Wispride- or Kaukauna-brand sharp cheddar cheese spread (available in the dairy aisle)
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1/2 c panko breadcrumbs
- garnish: fresh thyme leaves and couple pinches barbecue seasoning, such as Chef Prudhomme’s or my Grilling Rub for Chicken
For the recipe instructions and more amazing recipes, visit Erica’s Recipes.