This tiny, sweet treat will make the perfect addition to any fall-themed dessert tray. Use them as an accent around maple leaf shaped cookies for a wonderfully festive and edible display. The best thing about these acorns is that they’re easy to create with only 7 ingredients.
- ¾ c. smooth peanut butter
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- 48 chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl using an electric mixer until they’re well combined.
- Spoon dough by rounded ¼ teaspoon onto an unlined baking sheet. Flatten each piece into a dome shape.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until golden around the edges, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Microwave ¼ cup mini chips in a bowl on high for 30 seconds, stirring at 10-second intervals. Dip the bottom of each chocolate kiss in melted chocolate and place on the flat side of each cookie. Use the same method to affix a mini chip “stem” on the top of each cookie, completing the acorn.
Recipe courtesy of CountryLiving.