Have a Halloween party coming up? Or wanting to bring a treat to work to boost your coworkers’ moods? Or how about just wanting something sweet and salty to munch on during a movie during the month of October (or after)? Regardless of your intentions, if you like caramel and popcorn, we’re sure you’re going to love this delicious fall treat!
What You Will Need
- 15 cups of popped popcorn (this is typically a little more than one standard popcorn bag)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp. of firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of dark corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 cup of lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- Wax paper
- 1 (10.5 oz) package of candy-coated peanut butter pieces (such as Reese’s)
How It’s Done
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heavily line a 13 by 18-inch pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with vegetable cooking spray
- Spread popped popcorn evenly on the pan
- Stir brown sugar, butter, dark corn syrup, and salt in a medium saucepan on medium-low heat to achieve a simmer for about a minute
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn on the pan and stir them gently to coat
- Bake the popcorn for 20 minutes at 325 degrees F. Stir the popcorn around every 5 minutes.
- Add peanuts to the mixture and bake them with the popcorn for another 5 minutes
- Spray wax paper with cooking spray. Remove the peanuts and popcorn from the oven and spread them on the wax paper.
- Let them cool completely (about 20 minutes) and break apart the large pieces.
- Stir in the candy pieces.